World Current Affairs 2023
- What was the historic low external debt-to-GDP ratio of Russia by the end of the first quarter? Answer: 15 per cent.
- By what percentage did Fiji witness an increase in tourist arrivals for June 2023 compared to June 2019? Answer: 11 per cent.
- Which active volcano in the Philippines could be affected by heavy rain from an approaching tropical depression potentially turning into a super typhoon? Answer: Mayon volcano.
- Which political party in Cambodia held a massive rally to mark the end of the campaign for the general election on July 23? Answer: The ruling Cambodian People’s Party (CPP).
- How many people were killed and injured in a stabbing spree near Sillim subway station in Seoul? Answer: One man killed and three others wounded.
- What was the age range of the victims in the deadly shooting incident in Auckland, New Zealand? Answer: Two men in their 40s.
- How much funds were approved by the Economic Coordination Committee (ECC) for the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) for the general elections? Answer: Over $149 million.
- How many people affected by sexual exploitation and abuse were assisted by the UN trust fund formed in 2016? Answer: 43,000 people.
- According to the government report, what two trends were revealed about Australians’ living conditions? Answer: Australians are living longer, but housing is taking up more of their income.
- Which department released the annual report of the Trust Fund in Support of Victims of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse? Answer: The UN Department of Management Strategy, Policy, and Compliance.
World Current Affairs 2023 video