Quiz on Latest Science and Technology- February 23, 2024
Questions: Quiz on Latest Science and Technology
- When did Google Pay announce the availability of SoundPod for small merchants in India?
- What function does the SoundPod perform for merchants?
- What escalated the dispute between Byju’s and its investors?
- What was the outcome of the EGM called by Byju’s investors?
- What significant discovery was made by scientists regarding Long Covid?
- What novel MRI scan did researchers uncover for Long Covid?
- What can the new prototype developed by PGIMER researchers do?
- What diseases could benefit from the precision medicine prototype?
- Which app’s scope is Meta’s Oversight Board expanding to include?
- What did scientists develop against neurotoxins from certain snakes?
- Which airline selected RTX business Collins Aerospace for avionics hardware?
- Which stations will initially offer pre-ordered meals through IRCTC and Swiggy?
- Why is Google pausing Gemini AI’s ability to generate images of people?
- How did Anand Mahindra react to a video of a truck being dismantled?
- What decision did the Delhi High Court make regarding BharatPe’s co-founder’s appeal?
- How did the subscriber count change for Vodafone Idea, Reliance Jio, and Bharti Airtel in December 2023?
- What is unique about the breath sensor developed by IIT Jodhpur?
- What health risks are linked to PM2.5 air pollution according to US studies?
- What role did Sona College of Technology play in ISRO’s latest satellite launch?
- What decision is expected at Byju’s EGM regarding its CEO?
- In which new markets is Instagram expanding its creator marketplace?
- What agreement did Uber sign with the government’s e-commerce platform?
- What is India’s electronics manufacturing goal for the coming years?
- How do Indian consumers feel about AI-enabled tools versus human interaction?
- What impact is the revised FDI norms expected to have on India’s space sector?
- What growth is anticipated in the robotic surgery and devices market by 2024?
- What challenges are slowing the adoption of AI in risk and compliance?
- What did Cleartrip CEO Ayyappan Rajagopal announce about his career?
Answers: Quiz on Latest Science and Technology
- Google Pay announced the availability on Thursday.
- The SoundPod helps track QR code payments with audio alerts.
- The dispute escalated after Byju’s CEO and Board members decided not to attend the EGM.
- The outcome was the intention to vote to remove Raveendran as CEO.
- Scientists discovered disruption to blood vessels in the brains of Long Covid patients.
- They uncovered a novel MRI scan showing blood vessel “leakiness.”
- It can generate neurovascular tissues/organoids from autologous blood.
- Diseases like autism, ADHD, ANSD, Alzheimer’s, and Parkinson’s could benefit.
- Meta’s Oversight Board is expanding its scope to include the Instagram app Threads.
- A synthetic human antibody neutralizing neurotoxins from snakes like cobras and black mambas was developed.
- Air India selected RTX business Collins Aerospace for its Boeing 737 MAX fleet.
- Bengaluru, Bhubaneswar, Vijayawada, and Visakhapatnam stations will offer meals through IRCTC and Swiggy.
- Google is pausing this ability due to controversies over AI-generated images.
- Anand Mahindra expressed distress over the dismantling of a truck.
- The Delhi High Court disposed of the appeal against granting a restraining order.
- Vodafone Idea lost subscribers, while Reliance Jio and Bharti Airtel gained in December 2023.
- IIT Jodhpur developed a “Make in India” human breath sensor for alcohol and respiratory diseases.
- Increased risks of hospital admission for heart and lung diseases are linked to PM2.5.
- They provided precision equipment for ISRO’s meteorological satellite INSAT-3DS.
- Investors are set to vote for the removal of Byju Raveendran as CEO.
- Instagram’s creator marketplace is expanding to eight new markets, including India.
- Uber signed an agreement with ONDC to expand mobility offerings.
- The goal is to scale electronics manufacturing to $300 billion in the next few years.
- 57% of Indian consumers prefer AI-enabled tools over human interaction.
- The revised FDI norms are expected to attract up to $25 billion in foreign investments over the next decade.
- The market for robotic surgical systems is projected to hit $10 billion by the end of 2024.
- The slow adoption is due to practical, cultural, and regulatory challenges.
- Ayyappan Rajagopal announced his departure from the Walmart-backed Flipkart Group.
Quiz on Latest Science and Technology- January 25, 2024
One-Liner Questions: Quiz on Latest Science and Technology
- Who surpassed Samsung as the world’s top smartphone seller in 2023?
- How many iPhones were sold by Apple in 2023?
- What was the percentage drop in Samsung’s smartphone shipments in 2023 compared to 2022?
- What new features is Google introducing in the Chrome browser?
- Why did Google terminate its contract with Australian data company Appen?
- Where was the Samsung Galaxy S24 series officially launched?
- What are the color options for the Galaxy S24 and Galaxy S24+?
- What massive data breach was discovered by cyber security researchers recently?
- What was the issue fixed by Elon Musk-run X (Formerly Twitter)?
- What is the mobile game ‘Devil May Cry’ known for?
- Who is attempting to adapt ‘Devil May Cry’ to mobile format?
- What illegal activities in India are Chinese criminal syndicates expected to increase in 2024?
- What new feature is Meta rolling out for teens on Instagram?
- What is the purpose of Meta’s “nighttime nudge” feature?
- What did OpenAI’s CEO Sam Altman say about AI and human care?
- What new partnership was announced by Samsung and Google Cloud?
- What medical condition might increase the risk of dying before the age of 75?
Answers: Quiz on Latest Science and Technology
- Apple surpassed Samsung as the world’s top smartphone seller in 2023.
- Apple sold 234.6 million iPhones in 2023.
- Samsung experienced a 13.6% drop in smartphone shipments in 2023 compared to 2022.
- Google is introducing generative AI features in Chrome to organize tabs, create themes, and help draft content.
- Google terminated its contract with Appen due to undisclosed reasons.
- The Samsung Galaxy S24 series was launched in Hyderabad, India.
- The Galaxy S24 and S24+ are available in Amber Yellow, Cobalt Violet, Marble Gray, and Onyx Black.
- The data breach involved about 26 billion records from websites like X (Formerly Twitter) and LinkedIn.
- X (Formerly Twitter) fixed a bug that incorrectly labeled posts as ‘Sensitive Media’.
- ‘Devil May Cry’ is known for its explosive action, unique combat weapons, and vibrant visuals.
- Nebulajoy and Capcom are adapting ‘Devil May Cry’ to mobile format.
- Chinese criminal syndicates are expected to intensify digital loan shark scams in India in 2024.
- Meta is introducing a “nighttime nudge” feature on Instagram for teenagers.
- The “nighttime nudge” feature reminds teens to log off after 10 minutes on Reels or Direct Messages late at night.
- Sam Altman stated that AI won’t replace human care, similar to how computers didn’t end the game of chess.
- Samsung and Google Cloud announced a partnership to bring Google Cloud’s AI technology to Samsung smartphones.
- Men with gynecomastia, a condition of enlarged breast tissue not caused by extra weight, may have an increased mortality risk before age 75.
One-Liner Questions-January 13, 2024
- Who is more likely to have a benign blood condition that often precedes multiple myeloma?
- What factors may impact the likelihood of developing multiple myeloma?
- What is monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance (MGUS)?
- What is the purpose of NASA’s X-59 quiet supersonic aircraft?
- What is the expected speed of the X-59 aircraft?
- Why did the co-founders of Instagram wind down operations of the Artifact app?
- How warm was the year 2023 globally?
- What new discovery did engineers from Columbia University make about fingerprints?
- What milestone are Hyundai Motor and Kia expected to reach in eco-friendly vehicle sales?
- What did researchers analyze regarding antibiotic use and treatment-resistant bacteria?
- What new health features were launched for the Galaxy Watch6 series in India?
- What discovery was made about human retinas and colour vision?
- Who was G. N. Ramachandran, and what was he known for?
- What recent research was conducted on the fungal pathogen Candida?
Answers-January 13, 2024
- Obese people are more likely to have the benign blood condition.
- Weight, smoking habits, and exercise.
- MGUS is characterized by an abnormal protein produced by plasma cells, a precursor to multiple myeloma.
- To pave the way for new commercial aircraft that can travel faster than the speed of sound.
- 1.4 times the speed of sound, or 925 mph.
- They cited that the market opportunity wasn’t big enough for continued investment.
- It was the warmest year, with a global average temperature of 1.46 degrees Celsius above the pre-industrial baseline.
- Fingerprints from different fingers of the same person are similar.
- They are expected to exceed 1 million units in eco-friendly vehicle sales.
- The impact of antibiotic use on the rise of treatment-resistant bacteria over the last 20 years.
- Blood pressure and electrocardiogram tracking features.
- An offshoot of vitamin A generates cells that enable humans to see millions of colors.
- G. N. Ramachandran was an eminent biophysicist who deserved the Nobel prize.
- The identification of hundreds of genes subject to recent, clinically-relevant selection in Candida.
Quiz on Latest Science and Technology- December 27, 2023
One-liner Questions: Quiz on Latest Science and Technology
- What was FirstCry’s revenue from operations in FY23?
- How much did FirstCry’s losses increase in FY23 compared to FY22?
- What significant growth did FirstCry achieve in revenue in FY23?
- What percentage of FirstCry’s operating revenue in FY23 came from product sales?
- Which institute’s researchers identified a protein in SARS-CoV-2 antagonizing the immune system?
- What is the name of the viral protein identified by IISc researchers in SARS-CoV-2?
- What triggers the body’s early antiviral responses during Covid infection?
- By what percentage have stroke cases surged in the national capital region due to temperature and pollution?
- What is Elon Musk’s opinion on the stimulant effect of coffee?
- What position has Tesla achieved in South Korea’s imported passenger vehicle market this year?
- What are the prices for the Galaxy A15 5G variants in India?
- What new app did Microsoft launch for Android users?
- When will Amazon Prime Video start showing advertisements during movies and TV shows?
- What new features were announced by Bluesky in its latest update?
- When is Apple’s mixed reality headset expected to be available in the market?
- How much cryptocurrency was stolen by hackers in 2023?
- What is Apple’s reaction to the ITC’s decision to ban certain Watch models in the US?
- What did YouTube India MD say about the impact of AI on content landscape?
- What mechanism of TB bacterium persistence in the human body was decoded by IISc researchers?
- What is the name of the new COVID variant first detected in Luxembourg?
Answers: Quiz on Latest Science and Technology
- FirstCry reported Rs 5,632 crore revenue from operations in FY23.
- FirstCry’s losses surged over six times to Rs 486 crore from Rs 79 crore in FY22.
- The company registered about 2.4 times growth in revenue.
- 98 percent of the total operating revenue came from product sales, amounting to Rs 5,519 crore.
- Researchers at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc).
- The viral protein is called ORF6.
- Interferons (IFNs) trigger the body’s early antiviral responses.
- Stroke cases surged by 40 percent.
- Musk expressed that he does not “notice the stimulant effect much” of coffee.
- Tesla has emerged as a major player in South Korea’s market.
- Galaxy A15 5G costs Rs 22,499 (8GB+256GB) and Rs 19,499 (8GB+128GB).
- Microsoft launched a new dedicated Copilot app.
- Advertisements will start from January 29.
- Bluesky introduced an in-app video and music player and a “hide post” feature.
- The headset is tipped to be available in late January or early February.
- Hackers stole around $2 billion in cryptocurrencies in 2023.
- Apple filed an appeal and requested an emergency stay on the ban.
- Ishan Chatterjee stated that AI will exponentially and excitingly change the content landscape in the next 24 months.
- They described a single gene aiding in the production of iron-sulphur clusters.
- The new variant is named JN.1.
Quiz on Latest Science and Technology- Nov 23, 2023
- What initiative did Amazon launch to provide free generative AI skill training?
- How many people is Amazon aiming to train by 2025 under its ‘AI Ready’ initiative?
- What new courses is Amazon Web Services (AWS) introducing?
- Which smartphone manufacturer has become a success example in the tech world?
- For what reason is realme noted in the technology sector?
- What type of ads did Facebook allegedly approve regarding Palestinians?
- How much is Genesis suing Gemini for in their recent lawsuit?
- Who owns the cryptocurrency exchange Gemini?
- What statement did Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella make regarding technology?
- What change did Elon Musk announce for X regarding news headlines?
- Which company completed a $69 billion acquisition of VMware?
- What growth did Unicommerce’s revenue from operations see in FY23?
- Who is returning as CEO to OpenAI?
- Who are the new board members of OpenAI?
- What new support did AMD extend to its Radeon RX 7900 XT GPUs?
- What advantage do bilinguals have over monolinguals, according to a study?
- What does the new study say about the effectiveness of chlorine disinfectants against C. diff?
- How many Internet users are now on social media platforms?
- Amazon launched the ‘AI Ready’ initiative.
- Amazon aims to train two million people by 2025.
- AWS is introducing eight new, free AI and generative AI courses.
- realme has become a success example in the tech world.
- realme is noted for its innovation and user-centric design philosophy.
- Facebook allegedly approved ads calling for violence against Palestinians.
- Genesis is suing Gemini for $689 million.
- Gemini is owned by the Winklevoss twins.
- Satya Nadella stated that technology, including AI, is only a tool.
- Elon Musk announced that X would start showing news headlines again.
- Broadcom completed its $69 billion acquisition of VMware.
- Unicommerce’s revenue grew 52.5 percent in FY23.
- Sam Altman is returning as CEO to OpenAI.
- The new OpenAI board members include Bret Taylor, Larry Summers, and Adam D’Angelo.
- AMD extended PyTorch and ROCm support to Radeon RX 7900 XT GPUs.
- Bilinguals may be better at shifting their attention compared to monolinguals.
- The study found that chlorine disinfectants do not kill C. diff.
- Nearly 95 percent of all Internet users are now on social media platforms.
Quiz on Latest Science and Technology- November 5, 2023
- What has Google emphasized about the next generation of AI and large language models (LLMs)?
- Who is Dr. Karen DeSalvo and what potential of AI has she highlighted?
- What capability was demonstrated using a GPT-4 model AI chatbot at the UK’s AI safety summit?
- Who shared their findings on the GPT-4 model AI chatbot with OpenAI?
- What health benefit is associated with practicing mindfulness focused on healthy eating?
- What is Elon Musk’s AI chatbot Grok compared to traditional GPT models?
- How is the xAI ‘Grok’ AI assistant made available to users?
- What health issue has been linked with kidney disease?
- What measure is Discord taking to fight malware?
- What gender difference did a study find regarding sharing negative information?
- What can the new genetic testing device developed by UK researchers identify in three minutes?
- What new feature does the latest macOS update include?
- Why is Viasat laying off 800 employees?
- How many employees were laid off by NFT marketplace startup OpenSea?
- What milestone did Hyundai Motor and Kia reach in the US with their electric vehicles?
- How can users access Elon Musk’s xAI chatbot Grok?
- What was Delhivery’s net loss in the September quarter of the current financial year?
- Why has ISRO Chairman S. Somanath decided to withhold the release of his autobiography?
- How many tablet shipments were recorded worldwide in Q3?
- Google stressed that the next generation of AI and LLMs promises high-quality, affordable care and health with equity and inclusion.
- Dr. Karen DeSalvo is the Chief Health Officer at Google and she mentioned AI’s potential to transform global health similar to the discovery of penicillin.
- The AI chatbot performed illegal financial trades and covered them up.
- Apollo Research shared its findings with OpenAI.
- It can improve self-awareness and help people adhere to a heart-healthy diet.
- Elon Musk stated that Grok has current information, unlike traditional GPT models.
- It is available through X Premium Plus subscription, costing $16 per month.
- Cognitive problems have been linked with kidney disease.
- Discord will switch to temporary file links, refreshing every 24 hours.
- Men are less likely than women to share negative information about themselves.
- It can identify Covid-19, various pathogens, and conditions like cancer.
- macOS update includes a liquid detection feature for USB-C ports.
- Viasat is laying off employees due to integrating the Inmarsat business post-acquisition.
- About half of its workforce was laid off.
- Hyundai Motor and Kia sold over 100,000 electric vehicles in the US.
- It requires a $16 per month X Premium Plus subscription.
- Delhivery’s net loss was more than halved to Rs 103 crore.
- To avoid unnecessary controversies that arose from it.
- There were 33 million tablet shipments, a 7% annual decline.
Quiz on Latest Science and Technology- October 22, 2023
- How was the fraudulent transaction of over Rs 16,180-crore detected?
- Who lodged the FIR regarding the mega-scam in Thane?
- Which two probiotics strains have been identified to help lower high blood pressure?
- What is the connection between childhood exposure to air pollution and girls’ puberty?
- How did researchers map almost 6,000 proteins from different eye cell types?
- Which platform was found to spread the majority of misinformation about the Israel-Hamas war?
- How did Telegram respond to claims about its IP address security?
- What risks does the live streaming platform Twitch pose to minors?
- How much is global spending on GenAI software projected to reach by 2027?
- What was the nature of the cyberattack against the International Criminal Court (ICC)?
- What are Indian consumers prioritizing when purchasing TVs?
- What problem in sperm formation has new research shed light on?
- How much is global IT spending expected to reach by 2024?
- The fraudulent transaction was detected by a digital payments company.
- Thane’s Shrinagar Police Station lodged the FIR.
- Bifidobacterium lactis and Lactobacillus rhamnosus.
- Girls who had higher residential exposure to fine particulate matter air pollution throughout their childhoods tended to have their first periods sooner.
- By analyzing tiny drops of eye fluid that are routinely removed during surgery and using an AI model.
- X (formerly Twitter).
- Telegram claimed it is the most secure mass market messenger when it comes to protecting IP addresses during calls.
- Minors can interact with adult strangers and donate money to streamers without supervision.
- $143 billion.
- The cyberattack was an attempted “espionage.”
- Affordability and premium experiences at reasonable price points.
- The process of sperm formation might be the reason why some men do not produce enough sperm to fertilise an egg.
- $5.1 trillion.
Quiz on Latest Science and Technology-October 4, 2023
Nobel in Physics 2023- Important One Liners
- The Nobel Prize in Physics 2023 was awarded for exploring electrons with attosecond pulses of light. The accolade was bestowed upon Pierre Agostini of Ohio State University, Ferenc Krausz of the Max Planck Institute of Quantum Optics in Germany, and Anne L’Huillier from Lund University in Sweden, for their pioneering techniques in producing attosecond light pulses to investigate electron movements within matter.
- Pierre Agostini is from Ohio State University.
- Ferenc Krausz is associated with the Max Planck Institute of Quantum Optics, Germany.
- Anne L’Huillier hails from Lund University, Sweden.
- The trio was honored for generating attosecond pulses to study electron dynamics in matter.
- An attosecond is so brief that its count in one second equals the seconds since the universe’s birth.
- Their experiments provided imagery of processes inside atoms and molecules.
- The new methods give tools for exploring electrons inside atoms and molecules.
- These short pulses measure rapid electron movements or energy changes.
- The prize money totals 11 million Swedish kronor, split equally among the Laureates.
- In 1987, L’Huillier observed numerous overtones when transmitting infrared laser light through noble gas.
- Overtones arise from laser light’s interaction with gas atoms, energizing some electrons which then emit light.
- L’Huillier’s discovery paved the way for further advancements.
- By 2001, Agostini produced consecutive light pulses, each lasting 250 attoseconds.
- Concurrently, Krausz isolated a single light pulse that spanned 650 attoseconds.
- Their work enables the study of previously unobservable rapid processes.
- Attosecond physics offers insights into electron-driven mechanisms.
- Eva Olsson emphasizes the significance of accessing the world of electrons.
- Potential applications range from electronics to medical diagnostics.
- In electronics, understanding electron behavior in materials is crucial.
- Attosecond pulses can identify diverse molecules, benefiting medical diagnostics.
Quiz on Latest Science and Technology-August 24
1-Which country became the first to land a spacecraft on the moon’s South Pole?
2-Which newspaper’s science editor, Ian Sample, commented on India’s moon landing?
3-According to ‘The New York Times’, what is significant about the area Chandrayaan-3 is set to explore?
4-Which Russian spacecraft was supposed to land on the moon before Chandrayaan-3 but crashed instead?
5-Who is the Chief Minister of Bihar?
6-Who is the deputy to Bihar’s Chief Minister Nitish Kumar?
7-Which number country is India in terms of reaching the moon after the US, Russia, and China?
8-Who was the Chief Minister of Rajasthan that witnessed the Chandrayaan-3 landing?
9-In which year did Neil Armstrong land on the moon?
10-According to India’s Permanent Representative Ruchira Kamboj, what does Chandrayan-3’s landing symbolize?
11-Where did the United States Permanent Representative Linda Thomas-Greenfield post her congratulatory message to India?
12-What mistake did Rajasthan Sports Minister Ashok Chandna make regarding Chandrayaan-3?
13-Who are the two top American leaders mentioned that congratulated India for Chandrayaan-3’s touchdown?
14-At what time did the moon rover roll down onto the moon’s surface?
15-Who is the Director of the Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC)?
16-What two symbols are engraved on the wheels of the rover?
17-What will the moon rover collect while on the moon?
18-Where will the data from the moon lander be passed on to?
19-What are the three main components of the Chandrayaan-3 spacecraft?
20-What instruments does the moon rover have to determine the elemental composition near its landing site?
21-What is the mission life of the lander and the rover?
22-What is the purpose of the SHAPE payload in the propulsion module?
23- How long is the life of the payload in the propulsion module post ejection of the lander?
3-It is an area that was yet to be visited and has water ice that could be a resource for future missions.
10-The aspirations of 1.4 billion Indians.
11-X (formerly Twitter)
12-He congratulated the non-existent passengers of the spacecraft.
13-Vice President Kamala Harris and Ambassador Eric Garcetti
14-Around 12.30 a.m. Thursday
15-Dr. S. Unnikrishnan Nair
16-The logo of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and the national emblem
17-Samples of the moon
18-Mission Operations Complex at ISRO Telemetry, Tracking and Command Network (ISTRAC), Bengaluru
19-A propulsion module, a lander, and a rover
20-Alpha Particle X-ray Spectrometer (APXS) and Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscope (LIBS)
21- 1 Lunar day or 14 Earth days
22-To study the spectral and Polari metric measurements of Earth from the lunar orbit.
23-Between three and six months.
Quiz on Latest Science and Technology-July 24, 2023
What is the world’s first outdoor thermal robot called that mimics human body functions in response to heat stress?
How many surface areas does the thermal robot ANDI have that are individually controlled with temperature sensors and pores that bead sweat?
According to a new study, what percentage of the world’s population is active on social media?
Answer: More than 60 per cent
How much did the percentage of social media users increase compared to the previous year, as per the digital advisory firm Kepios?
Answer: 3.7 per cent
Approximately how many healthcare industry professionals with prior AI experience endorsed its use in clinical practice and administrative tasks?
Answer: About 50 per cent
Which company’s CEO, Sam Altman, launched the cryptocurrency startup ‘Worldcoin’ with the aim of distinguishing humans from AI online and increasing economic opportunity?
What has replaced Twitter’s blue bird logo on the web version of the platform?
Answer: The ‘X’ logo
In which country did the smart wearables brand Fire-Boltt foray as part of its expansion strategy in the Southeast Asia region?
According to a new study, which foods pack the greatest prebiotic punch to keep the gut healthy?
Answer: Dandelion greens, Jerusalem artichokes, garlic, leeks, and onions
RingCentral announced the opening of its inaugural office in which Indian city and its plans to double its workforce in the next 12 months in the country?
What enhancements are widely rolling out on WhatsApp’s interface, aligned with Material Design 3, on Android beta?
Answer: Rounded menus, bottom navigation bar, and a new floating action button
How much liquidity will Swiggy employees have the option to receive against their ESOPs in the second milestone of its ESOP liquidity programme?
Answer: Up to $50 million