Sports Current Affairs- November 10, 2023
- Who is the two-time Men’s ODI World Cup winning captain that spoke about Glenn Maxwell’s performance?
- Which former Indian cricketer wants Pakistan to qualify for the ICC ODI World Cup 2023 semi-finals?
- Which team was the first to qualify for the World Cup 2023 semi-finals?
- Who won the gold medal in the women’s compound individual event at the Asian Archery Championships 2023?
- What was the final score between Parneet Kaur and Jyothi Surekha Vennam at the Asian Archery Championships 2023?
- Which former Indian skipper posted a message for Meg Lanning upon her retirement?
- What announcement did Meg Lanning make regarding her cricket career?
- What did Australia’s head coach Andrew McDonald focus on during their match against Afghanistan?
- What did England captain Jos Buttler say despite being out of the 2023 Men’s ODI World Cup semi-finals?
- How many Europe-based players did Honduras manager Reinaldo Rueda include for the CONCACAF Nations League quarterfinal?
- Who was approved as a replacement in the Netherlands squad for the Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023?
- What notable football derby is set to occur in LaLiga EA SPORTS Matchday 13?
- What will the BCCI release for the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023?
- Who has been included in Bolivia’s squad for the 2026 FIFA World Cup qualifiers?
- When will the Indian Junior Women’s Hockey Team start their campaign in the FIH Hockey Women’s Junior World Cup Chile 2023?
- What did Meg Lanning say upon deciding to retire from international cricket?
- Who scored a late brace to help Bayern Munich secure their passage into the Champions League knockout stages?
- Ricky Ponting spoke about Glenn Maxwell’s performance.
- Sourav Ganguly wants Pakistan to qualify for the ICC ODI World Cup 2023 semi-finals.
- India was the first team to qualify for the World Cup 2023 semi-finals.
- Parneet Kaur won the gold medal at the Asian Archery Championships 2023.
- Parneet Kaur defeated Jyothi Surekha Vennam 9-8 in the shoot-off after a tie at 145.
- Mithali Raj posted a message for Meg Lanning upon her retirement.
- Meg Lanning announced her retirement from international cricket.
- Andrew McDonald was thinking about Glenn Maxwell’s impact on the team’s net run rate.
- Jos Buttler said his team has shown commitment and desire to improve after beating the Netherlands.
- Reinaldo Rueda included six Europe-based players for the CONCACAF Nations League quarterfinal.
- Noah Croes was approved as a replacement in the Netherlands squad.
- Real Betis will face Sevilla FC in the upcoming LaLiga EA SPORTS Matchday 13 derby.
- The BCCI will release a final batch of tickets for the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023.
- Jair Reinoso has been included in Bolivia’s squad for the 2026 FIFA World Cup qualifiers.
- The Indian Junior Women’s Hockey Team will start their campaign on November 29 against Canada.
- Meg Lanning said she felt relief after deciding to retire from international cricket.
- Harry Kane scored a late brace to help Bayern Munich advance in the Champions League.
Sports Current Affairs- October 20, 2023
- How many ODI centuries does Virat Kohli have?
- Against which team did Kohli score his 48th ODI century?
- Who was aiding Kohli at the other end during his 48th century?
- How many ODI centuries does Sachin Tendulkar hold as a record?
- How many World Cup centuries does Kohli have?
- How many runs were required for India to win when Kohli was 19 short of his century?
- What was the venue of the ODI between India and Bangladesh?
- How many balls did it take for Kohli to reach his century?
- Who is the current India skipper in ODIs?
- Who did Rohit Sharma overtake to become the fourth-highest run-scoring batter in ODI World Cup history?
- How many runs has Rohit Sharma scored in World Cups?
- What is the issue with the location of bobsleigh, luge, and skeleton events for the 2026 Winter Olympics?
- What year was the Eugenio Monti track built?
- Who will be Boris Becker’s next coaching prospect?
- How many sports will be included in the 9th Asian Winter Games in 2025?
- When will cricket make its debut in the Summer Olympics?
- Where will some of the T20 World Cup 2024 matches be held?
- Who played the first International cricket match?
- Virat Kohli has 48 ODI centuries.
- Kohli scored his 48th ODI century against Bangladesh.
- KL Rahul was aiding Kohli at the other end.
- Sachin Tendulkar holds a record of 49 ODI centuries.
- Kohli has three World Cup centuries.
- India required 19 runs to win when Kohli was 19 short of his century.
- The venue of the ODI between India and Bangladesh was the MCA Stadium.
- It took 97 balls for Kohli to reach his century.
- Rohit Sharma is the current India skipper in ODIs.
- Rohit Sharma overtook Brian Lara.
- Rohit Sharma has scored 1243 runs in World Cups.
- The location is in doubt because updating the historic track was found to be too expensive.
- The Eugenio Monti track was built in 1923.
- Boris Becker’s next coaching prospect is Danish shooting star and world number six Holger Rune.
- Six sports will be included in the 9th Asian Winter Games in 2025.
- Cricket will make its debut in the Summer Olympics in 2028.
- Some of the T20 World Cup 2024 matches will be held in America.
- The first International cricket match was played between the USA and Canada.
Sports Current Affairs- September 29, 2023
- Who did the Indian men’s squash team defeat in the semifinals at the Asian Games?
- What is the score by which the Indian men’s squash team defeated Malaysia?
- Who will the Indian men’s squash team face in the final?
- Who defeated Mohammad Addeen Idrakie Bin Bahtiar in the squash match?
- What was the delight expressed by Pakistan Cricket Board’s Management Committee chairman Zaka Ashraf?
- Where did the Pakistan men’s cricket team receive a fantastic reception?
- Who qualified for pole position in the Indian National Motorcycle Racing Championship 2023?
- What is the age of Sarthak Chavan?
- What categories did Sarthak Chavan qualify for?
- How did India’s DOTA 2 team perform at the ongoing Asian Games?
- According to Dinesh Karthik, how many of the Indian cricket team’s lineup questions have been answered recently?
- Who will India face in their first warm-up cricket match?
- What venue will host India’s first warm-up cricket match?
- Who is India’s opponent for their second warm-up cricket match?
- When will India open their cricket campaign against Australia?
- What issues do India’s international shooters need to address?
- Which Indian boxer has secured a quota for the 2024 Paris Olympic Games?
- How did Nikhat Zareen win her bout against Hanan Nassar?
- How long has it been since India last won an ICC event?
- Who is sharing the tied-second position with India’s Aditi Ashok in Women’s Golf at the Asian Games?
- The Indian men’s squash team defeated Malaysia in the semifinals at the Asian Games.
- The Indian men’s squash team defeated Malaysia 2-0.
- The Indian men’s squash team will face Pakistan in the final.
- Abhay Singh defeated Mohammad Addeen Idrakie Bin Bahtiar in the squash match.
- Zaka Ashraf expressed delight over the fantastic reception that the Pakistan men’s cricket team received in India.
- The Pakistan men’s cricket team received a fantastic reception in India.
- Sarthak Chavan qualified for pole position in the Indian National Motorcycle Racing Championship 2023.
- Sarthak Chavan is 16 years old.
- Sarthak Chavan qualified for the premier Pro-Stock Open categories (301-400cc and 165cc).
- India’s DOTA 2 team exited the competition at the ongoing Asian Games.
- According to Dinesh Karthik, 90% of the Indian cricket team’s lineup questions have been answered recently.
- India will face England in their first warm-up cricket match.
- The first warm-up cricket match against England will be at the Barsapara Cricket Stadium in Guwahati.
- India’s opponent for their second warm-up cricket match is the Netherlands.
- India will open their cricket campaign against Australia on October 8.
- India’s international shooters have some issues to sort out before their preparation for the 2024 Paris Olympics.
- Nikhat Zareen has secured a quota for the 2024 Paris Olympic Games.
- Nikhat Zareen won her bout against Hanan Nassar with the Referee Stopping the Contest with 53 seconds remaining in the first round.
- It has been more than ten years since India last won an ICC event.
- China’s World No. 25 Yin Ruoning is sharing the tied-second position with India’s Aditi Ashok in Women’s Golf at the Asian Games.
Sports Current Affairs- June 3, 2023
- What strategy has Michael Vaughan advised Australia to follow against left-arm spinner Jack Leach? Answer: To attack him.
- Who has been recalled to Peru’s squad for upcoming friendlies against South Korea and Japan? Answer: Paolo Guerrero.
- Why has Paolo Guerrero not represented his country since October 2021? Answer: Due to recurring knee problems.
- Which players were named in Venezuela’s squad for friendlies against Honduras and Guatemala? Answer: Tomas Rincon and Salomon Rondon.
- Which forward was included in Argentina’s squad for the friendlies? Answer: Josef Martinez.
- Who has been announced as part of the FIBA Hall of Fame Class of 2023? Answer: Yao Ming.
- In which year did Yao Ming retire from the NBA? Answer: 2011.
- Who will be honored ahead of the FIBA Basketball World Cup 2023? Answer: Brazil’s Wlamir Marques and Australia’s Penny Taylor, among others.
- Who did Carlos Alcaraz defeat in the third round of Roland-Garros 2023? Answer: Denis Shapovalov.
- Who did Rafael Nadal undergo arthroscopic surgery on his left hip flexor in Barcelona? Answer: Rafael Nadal.
Sports Current Affairs- Feb 22, 2023
Sports Current Affairs play an important role to gain knowledge.
Sports Current Affairs section helps candidates to prepare well for the various examinations.
1-The No. 1 bowler in the most recent ICC Men’s Test Rankings, which were released on Wednesday, is veteran England pacer James Anderson, who replaced Australia captain Pat Cummins. Last week, Anderson finished with seven wickets against New Zealand in the first Test, which helped his team win by 267 runs.
2-Ravindra Jadeja, an all-rounder for India, has climbed seven spots to rank ninth following his 10-wicket performance in the second Test in Delhi. This is the first time he has appeared in the top 10 since September 2019.
3- India has advanced to the 2023 ICC Women’s T20 World Cup semifinals in South Africa, as expected. Nevertheless, they must defeat strong Australia in the first semi-final of the competition on Thursday in order to advance to the final, which is set for February 26.
Sports Current Affairs
4-In a Pro Chess League (PCL) encounter, Indian Grandmaster Vidit Santosh Gujrathi defeated five-time world champion Magnus Carlsen, shocking the Norwegian.
5-As part of the NRI Festival celebrations, the Yamuna Sports Complex hosted the inaugural Global Power Cricket League (GPCL T20), which featured eight teams from Australia, England, South Africa, Ireland, Scotland, USA, Sri Lanka, and India.
6-TATA Group has been given the title sponsorship rights for the Women’s Premier League (WPL) seasons 2023–2027 by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
7-Aaron Finch, a former captain of Australia, will compete in the LLC Masters in Qatar, the Legends League Cricket (LLC) said on Wednesday.
- Finch, the captain of Australia’s team that won the 2021 Men’s T20 World Cup, retired from international cricket on February 6, 2023.
8-Sania Mirza, a former doubles World No. 1 and one of India’s most renowned athletes, announced her retirement from professional tennis on Tuesday after playing her final match in Dubai.
Sports Current Affairs
9-Veronika Kudermetova and Liudmila Samsonova defeated Mirza and her American women’s doubles partner Madison Keys in their opening-round Dubai Tennis Championships 2023 match 4-6, 0-6.
10 Dazzling South African batswoman Laura Wolvaardt used mental toughness to eke out a career-best performance and guide her team into the ICC Womens T20 World Cup 2023 semi-finals.
- The native of Cape Town scored 66, the highest T20I total of her career, on Tuesday night to help the Proteas defeat Bangladesh by ten wickets and advance to the semifinals.
11-In the midst of the controversy surrounding KL Rahul’s continued bat-related troubles, former Indian off-spinner Harbhajan Singh has offered his support to the 30-year-old batsman, pleading with everyone to leave him alone and encouraging him to make a good recovery.
12-Left-arm spin all-rounder Ashton Agar of Australia is scheduled to fly back to his country after the current Test tour of India, which is being contested for the Border-Gavaskar Trophy. Agar will now likely represent Western Australia in the Marsh Cup and the Sheffield Shield.
Sports Current Affairs
13-The “Barcagate” issue, which involves money FC Barcelona paid to a former referee, is drawing more and more attention in Spain.
14-Hosts In their final group match on Tuesday night in Cape Town, South Africa defeated Bangladesh with a commanding 10-wicket victory to go to the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2023 semifinals.
15-According to the club website, former Watford and Valencia coach Javi Gracia has been named the next head coach of Premier League underdog Leeds United on a “flexible” term.