Madhya Pradesh Current Affairs (In the form of questions and answers)
- What recent notification did the Madhya Pradesh government issue? The Madhya Pradesh government issued a gazette notification about the formation of Mauganj as a new district, as promised by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan earlier this year.
- Who was initially appointed as the first collector of Mauganj district, and why was the appointment changed? Soniya Meena, a 2013 batch IAS officer, was appointed as the first collector of Mauganj. However, her appointment was cancelled, and Ajay Srivastava, another 2013 batch IAS officer, was later named the first collector.
- Who was assigned as the Superintendent of Police (SP) of Mauganj? IPS officer Veerendra Jain, previously the commandant of the 8th Battalion in Chhindwara district, was assigned as the SP of Mauganj.
- When was the formation of Mauganj district announced and what are its demographics? Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan announced the formation of Mauganj district in March. The district is estimated to have a population of around six lakh and will comprise two Assembly constituencies.
- What happened to the South African cheetah Nirva from Kuno National Park? Nirva, a South African female cheetah, went missing from Kuno National Park on July 21. She was captured on Sunday and observed before being released back into the park.
- What allegation has heated up politics in Madhya Pradesh? The allegation of an alleged ’50 per cent’ commission against the Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan-led BJP government has stirred up political tensions in the state, similar to what was witnessed before the Karnataka Assembly elections.
- Who has been arrested recently in Madhya Pradesh, and for what reason? Vivekanand Vaishya, the son of BJP MLA Ramlallu Vaishya, was arrested for allegedly shooting at a tribal man on August 3.
- Who has been booked under IPC Sections 420 and 469, and for what reason? Several Congress leaders, including Priyanka Gandhi Vadra and Kamal Nath, have been booked on the complaint of BJP’s Indore legal cell convenor Nimesh Pathak for falsely accusing the Madhya Pradesh government of involvement in a “50 per cent commission” scam.
Go Through ‘Madhya Pradesh Current Affairs’ video:
Also Read: MP GK Questions With Answers