Health GK Questions-September 1, 2023
- What is the effect of low dose aspirin on the risk of developing Type 2 diabetes among older adults?
- How has the Covid-19 pandemic affected the gut bacteria in infants born during this period?
- Where were the findings related to infants’ gut microbiome during the pandemic published?
- By what percentage have nationwide Covid hospitalisations in the US increased in a single week?
- How many people per week have been hospitalised with Covid according to CDC data?
- What common post-Covid condition may be linked to blood clots?
- How long can brain fog affect people’s thinking, concentration, or memory?
- What is the name of the hand-exoskeleton device unveiled by IIT Delhi researchers?
- Who were the primary developers of RoboExo SMART at IIT Delhi?
- What is the primary goal of the RoboExo SMART device?
- What discovery have Japanese researchers made regarding gut bacteria and insulin resistance?
- In which journal was the Japanese research on gut bacteria published?
- What have US researchers found in the blood and urine of marijuana users?
- Where does marijuana rank in terms of global drug usage?
- What are the known effects of lead and cadmium exposure in adults and children?
- What early results have scientists found regarding a therapy for gliomas?
- The use of low dose aspirin among older adults is associated with a 15 per cent lower risk of developing Type 2 diabetes.
- Infants born during the Covid-19 pandemic have fewer types of bacteria in their gut compared to infants born earlier.
- The findings were published in Scientific Reports.
- Nationwide Covid hospitalisations in the US have increased by nearly 19 per cent.
- Up to 10,000 people a week have been hospitalised with Covid.
- Blood clots after a Covid infection may be linked to ‘brain fog’.
- Brain fog can affect people’s thinking, concentration, or memory for at least six months.
- The device is named RoboExo SMART.
- Dr Amit Mehndiratta and Dr Neha Singh were the primary developers.
- The RoboExo SMART aims to alleviate the paralysing effects of strokes.
- They discovered a type of gut bacteria that might help improve insulin resistance and protect against obesity and Type-2 diabetes.
- The research was published in the scientific journal Nature.
- US researchers detected significant levels of metals, specifically lead and cadmium.
- Marijuana is the third most commonly used drug in the world.
- Lead exposure can harm children and pregnant women, and in adults, it increases the risk of high blood pressure, heart problems, and kidney damage. High cadmium levels can irritate the stomach, cause vomiting and diarrhoea, lead to cancer, and cause death.
- The therapy combining cell-killing and immune-stimulating drugs is safe and effective in extending survival for patients with gliomas.
Health GK Questions-August 27, 2023
- What did a team of Indian-origin scientists identify in relation to dementia risk?
- How does the new dementia risk score help identify people at risk?
- Which vegetables were found to help ease lung infection, according to a study in mice?
- What protein was identified by researchers at the Francis Crick Institute and where is it found?
- How many doses of Covid-19 vaccine have been administered according to the provided data?
- How does weightlessness in space affect T-cells of the immune system?
- What potential benefit does gene therapy hold for treating liver cancer and metabolic diseases?
- What molecule does the gene therapy induce the body to create in the context of liver cancer treatment?
- What are the distinct symptoms of impending sudden cardiac arrest for women and men?
- Why did North Korea lift the entry ban on its citizens staying abroad?
- How did North Korea adjust its anti-epidemic measures in response to the pandemic situation?
- What health concern has Lebanon’s Health Ministry warned about in 2023?
- How many cases of Hepatitis A were reported in Lebanon in 2022?
- They identified 11 modifiable risk factors for developing dementia.
- The score identifies individuals at risk of developing dementia within the next 14 years, starting from mid-life.
- Cruciferous vegetables like kale, cauliflower, broccoli, or cabbage were found to help ease lung infection.
- The protein is called AHR (aryl hydrocarbon receptor), and it is found at barrier sites like the gut and lung.
- Over 220.67 crore (2.2 billion) doses of Covid-19 vaccine have been administered so far.
- Weightlessness in space can render T-cells of the immune system ineffective in fighting infections.
- Gene therapy holds the potential to treat liver cancer and metabolic diseases like diabetes.
- The gene therapy induces the body to create microRNA-22 (miR-22).
- Shortness of breath is the most prominent symptom for women, while men may experience chest pain.
- North Korea lifted the entry ban on its citizens staying abroad due to eased worldwide pandemic situation.
- North Korea adjusted its anti-epidemic measures based on the eased pandemic situation.
- Lebanon’s Health Ministry warned about a sharp increase in Hepatitis A cases in 2023.
- Less than 600 cases of Hepatitis A were reported in Lebanon in the year 2022.
For More, Health GK Questions, keep watching this page in coming days