Current Affairs for various competitive examinations- July 15, 2019
Welcome to the Current Affairs section.
These are written mainly for aspirants of Banking, SSC, IBPS, or competitive exams like UPSC, APPSC, TSPSC, TNPSC, IAS, RRB State Level Public Service Commission, and other exams.
Current Affairs bits help in the last minute preparation for various exams.
Current Affairs One-Liners help a lot.
Watch below some of Current Affairs- One-Liners
1- The 1st state in India to ensure the conservation of water and its own State Water Policy is Meghalaya.
2- 15th July is World Youth Skills Day.
* Learning to learn for life and work is the theme of World Youth Skills Day 2019.
3-IWAI (Inland Waterways Authority of India) ship carrying Bhutanese cargo was started from Dhubri (Assam) to Narayanganj (Bangladesh) over Brahmaputra River and the Indo Bangladesh Protocol Route.
4-CRILC- Central Repository of Information on Large Credits
* ITBP- The Indo-Tibetan Border Police
* NSDC- National Skill Development Corporation
* AIIMS- The All India Institute of Medical Sciences
5- The launch of India’s second Moon mission ‘Chandrayaan 2’ has been called off by The Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) due to technical snag at T-56 minute.
6-Bollywood Actor Shah Rukh Khan will be awarded an Honorary Doctorate at the Indian Film Festival of Melbourne by the Australian University La Trobe.
7-Himachal Pradesh Governor Acharya Devvrat has been appointed as Gujarat new Governor.
8- Former Union Minister Kalraj Mishra has been appointed as the Governor of Himachal Pradesh.
9- Wimbledon 2019 Winners List
* Men’s Singles: Novak Djokovic from Serbia
* Women’s Singles: Simona Halep from Romania
* Men’s Doubles: Juan Sebastián Cabal (Colombia) / Robert Farah of Colombia)
* Women’s Doubles: Hsieh Su-Wei (Chinese Taipei) / Barbora Strýcová of Czech Republic)
* Mixed Doubles: Ivan Dodig (Croatia) / Latisha Chan of Chinese Taipei)
10- England won the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 for the 1st time by Super Overplay.
* ICC Cricket World Cup 2019- Major High Lights-
* Hosts: England, Wales
* Participants: 10 Teams
* Total Matches: 48
* Champions: England (1st title)
* Runners-up: New Zealand
* Player of the series: Kane Williamson of New Zealand.
* Most wickets: Mitchell Starc of Australia took 27 wickets.
* Golden Bat (Most runs): Rohit Sharma of India scored 648 runs.
* Man of the Match: Ben Stokes of England.
* Man of the Tournament: Kane Williamson of New Zealand scored 578 runs.
* Highest Individual Score: David Warner of Australia made 166 runs against Bangladesh.
* Best Bowling Figures: Shaheen Afridi of Pakistan claimed six wickets conceding 35 runs.
* Most Sixes: Eoin Morgan of England hit 22 sixes.
11-World number one Novak Djokovic has defeated world number three Roger Federer to win his second straight Wimbledon title.
12-The government has introduced the Surrogacy (Regulation) Bill, 2019 in the Lok Sabha.
* Commercial surrogacy will soon be banned with this bill.
13-National Investigation Agency (Amendment) Bill, 2019 has been passed in Lok Sabha.
* NIA can probe terror attacks targeting Indians with this bill.
14-US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has granted a visa for Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif to visit the UN headquarters in New York.
15- Actress Deepika Padukone and her sister Anisha attended Wimbledon men’s singles final between Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic in London.
16-An anti-terrorism court (ATC) in Lahore has granted pre-arrest bail to Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JuD) chief Hafiz Saeed.
17-Global biopharmaceutical company Takeda has launched enzyme replacement therapy for ‘lysosomal storage disorders’ in India.
18-Elavenil Valarivan defeated Mehuli Ghosh to win a gold medal in the Junior World Cup in the women’s air rifle final held at Suhl,(Germany).
19-Delhi government will provide free safety kits to sanitation workers.
20-India captain Virat Kohli and fast bowler Jasprit Bumrah retained their top spots in the ICC ODI batsman and bowler’s rankings.