Current Affairs for various competitive examinations- July 9, 2019
Welcome to the Current Affairs section.
These are written mainly for aspirants of Banking, SSC, IBPS, or competitive exams like UPSC, APPSC, TSPSC, TNPSC, IAS, RRB State Level Public Service Commission, and other exams. Current Affairs bits help in the last minute preparation for various exams. Current Affairs One-Liners help a lot. Watch below some of Current Affairs- One-Liners
1-Indian movie ‘Gully Boy’ was honored with NETPAC (The Network for the Promotion of Asian Cinema) Award for Best Asian Film.
* Directed by Zoya Akhtar, the film won the award at 23rd Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival (BIFAN) in South Korea.
2- In the senior women’s 49 kg event, the former world champion Mirabai Chanu won a Gold medal in the Commonwealth Weightlifting Championship.
* She has lifted a total of 191kg.
3- MS Dhoni became the second Indian cricketer after Sachin Tendulkar to play 350 matches in ODI cricket.
* Former Team India captain Dhoni is in the tenth position to reach 350 ODIs.
* In his first 349 ODIs, MS Dhoni has effected 443 dismissals (320 catches and 123 stumpings).
* Dhoni has scored 10,723 runs at an average of 50.58 in his 349 ODIs.
4- NFAI- National Film Archives of India; NGT- National Green Tribunal; NCR- National Capital Region
* IEDs- Improvised explosive devices
* NIA- The National Investigation Agency
* NPAs- Non-performing assets
* NCRB- National Crime Records Bureau
* AFRS- Automated Facial Recognition System
5- Goa government likely to make HIV tests mandatory before the registration of marriages.
6- The lawyer Vasundhara Pathak Masoodi has been named as Chairperson of the Jammu and Kashmir State Commission for Protection of Women and Child Rights.
7-UAE Foreign Minister Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan met PM Narendra Modi, discussed growing bilateral ties.
8- According to the Union Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar, a program has been formulated to reduce air pollution in 102 cities.
9- The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has successfully carried out 3 test firings of Nag missiles.
10- Former India captain Rahul Dravid has been appointed as Head Cricket, National Cricket Academy (NCA) in Bengaluru.
11- The Delhi Police Crime Branch has rescued 333 missing children under Operation Milap.
12- Arunachal Pradesh Legislative Assembly has passed 5 important bills.
* The bills are Arunachal Pradesh Lokayukta (Amendment) Bill, 2019, Goods, and Service Tax (Amendment) Bill, 2019, Higher Education Council Bill, 2019, Municipal Corporation Bill, 2019, Protection of Medical Service Personnel and Medical Service Institutions (Prevention of Violence and Damage or Loss of Property) Bill, 2019.
13-UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) has added Italy’s hills of Conegliano and Valdobbiadene to World Heritage list.
14-US House Representative Eric Swalwell has become the 1st Democrat to quit 2020 presidential race.
15-Sharjah has issued 1st golden card visa to Indian expat businessman.
16- Mozambique is all set to become the world’s second-largest gas exporter by 2024-25.